We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1. Your privacy is important to us
We know that how we collect, use, exchange and protect your information is important to you, and we value your trust. That is why protecting your information and being clear about what we do with it is a vital part of our relationship with you.
Legal obligations are governed by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data (Hong Kong).
2. Information that we collect
3. How we might use your information
We collect, use and exchange your information so that we can:
- establish your identity and assess applications for products and services
- price and design our products and services
- administer our products and services
- manage our relationship with you
- manage our risks and help identify and investigate illegal activity, such as fraud
- contact you, for example if we suspect fraud on your account or need to tell you something important
- conduct and improve our businesses and improve the customer experience
- comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators
- identify and tell you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
We may also collect, use and exchange your information in other ways where permitted by law.
4. Gaining insights through gathering and combining data
Halls Global Limited may combine customer information that it has with information available from a wide variety of external sources, such as the Census and Statistics Department (Hong Kong).
This allows us develop a better view of customers so we can provide better products and services.
5. Who do we exchange your information with?
We may exchange your information with third parties such as:
- Those that we outsource certain functions, such as information technology support
- Government and law enforcement agencies or regulators
- Entities established to help identify illegal activities and prevent fraud.
6. Sending information overseas
Halls Global uses systems and customer service teams located in Hong Kong and around the world.
Halls Global may send your information overseas to help us provide our services. This includes to service providers or other third parties who operate or hold data outside Hong Kong. In such cases we make sure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place.
We may also send information overseas when it is necessary to complete a particular transaction, such as an International Money Transfer, or where this is required by laws and regulations of another country.
We keep your hard-copy or electronic records on our premises and systems.
Taking precautions with overseas transfers and third parties. When we send information overseas or use third parties that handle or store data, we ensure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place.
7. Staff education
We make sure our staff are aware of their obligations with regard to your information.
8. System security
When you transact with us on the internet through our website or mobile apps, we encrypt data sent from your computer to our systems. We have firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against unauthorised persons and viruses accessing our systems.
9. Destroying data when no longer required
Where practical, we keep information only for as long as required (for example, to meet legal requirements or our internal needs).
10. Can I get access to my information?
You can ask for access to your basic information by contacting us.
11. How long does it take to gain access to my information?
We try to make your information available within 14 days of your request. Before we give you the information, we’ll need to confirm your identity.
12. Making a privacy complaint
We accept that sometimes we can get things wrong. If you have a concern about your privacy, you have a right to make a complaint and we’ll do everything we can to put matters right.
13. How to make a privacy complaint
To lodge a complaint, please get in touch with us using your point of contact or one of the customer service teams. We’ll review your situation and try to resolve it straight away
14. How we handle complaints
We acknowledge every complaint we receive and provide our name, a reference number and contact details of the investigating officer. We keep you updated on the progress we’re making towards fixing the problem. Usually, it takes only a few days to resolve a complaint. However, if we’re unable to provide a final response within 14 days, we’ll contact you to explain why and discuss a timeframe to resolve the complaint.